Monday, February 1, 2010

The beginning of my farewell tour

Welcome to my first official blog entry. I have actually done this before, but in Japanese. It was more of a way to practice the language as opposed to update people on my life.

This time around should be a little different. My life is taking a turn into unknown territory and this is more or less my chance to document it. I will probably have a lot more readers this time around so I hope to keep it as entertaining as possible.

So here's a primer for those that haven't heard or seen me in a while. I'm coming up on my 5th year in Japan. I was teaching English at NOVA from 2005-2007, then went back to my old company in July 2007. That old company decided to close that office in April 2009, leaving me without a seat when the music stopped.

I worked a temp job in May and June 2009, but since then I've just been doing me. Long story short, I went to China for a month, went to the beach and played basketball A LOT, and attended my big brother's wedding. I got back in the middle of October and started my current endeavor of getting into business school.

Took the GMAT in November and got a decent score. Applied to 6 schools all for various reasons - Duke, Hawaii, Maryland, Texas, U of Washington, and USC. So far here are the results:

Maryland - IN
Texas - Interview on February 5
UWash - Interview on Feb 9 in TAIPEI
Duke - Confirmed all documents received. Waiting for an interview invite. Should know by February 3 EST
Hawaii - Confirmed all documents received. Waiting for an interview invite or ding.
USC - All documents submitted. USC is very slow with their response.

It's pretty much a waiting game at the moment. In the meantime, I need to make sure I know why I want to attend the schools I have interviews with.

That's it on the MBA side. My life has slowed down considerably since I got those applications in. Right now I'm doing a few things to pass the time. Hitting the gym and playing lots of basketball. Mom is in town so I'll see her a few times this month. Have to do a few things for my sister's visit to Japan as well. She'll be here the last two weeks in April. Planning a trip back to THE FU with W and A Dubbs. And hanging out, of course.

This jam just came on internet radio. Reminded me of the good old days at GW in Chinatown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0TmajJyZI

That is it for now. I don't really have a timetable as to when I'm going to make entries, but I'll post to facebook when I do.

2 comments:

  1. GW ... chinatown.... friggan classic.
    tell dukes i said hi

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea GW was fun. what were some other jams? make it clap?

    ReplyDelete